Friday, February 25, 2011

My new book (the first in the "Egypt Trilogy") out in stores . . .

My new book, The Diary of A Dead Young Woman (مذكرات ميتة), is now available to buy in Egypt.

The Diary Of A Dead Young Woman (مذكرات ميتة) is my first Arabic-Language book and it revolves around my investigation into the alleged "suicide" of Egyptian teenager Nadia Salem. The book includes her diary, which I edited and prepared for publication. It is published by Dar Oktob (دار أكتب).

Is it fiction or non-fiction, or is it a mixture of the two? You decide. But my choice of listing my contribution as "editor" rather than "writer" tells it all, doesn't it? Or does it?

The book is the first in my "Egypt Trilogy", a series of three books focusing on modern Egypt and its dark underbelly. The second book's release date has been delayed because I needed to revise it after the 25 January revolution. It should be out later this year.

For a sneak peak at the book, download this exclusive excerpt here. You can also visit the book's official website here.

Here is the book's trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment